Regarding the required credit counseling course offered by GreenPath:
- You should read the text on each
page. It will help you move through the session.
- Net Income: Under income, you don't have to click
on the "Calculate Net Income" button. You can simply enter your NET
income in the field provided on this page and select the frequency of your pay.
- Combining Debts: You can combine credit card
debt - you don't have to enter each debt individually. This holds true
for all debt types, for example, (1) all student loans can be entered as one student
loan debt or (2) all medical bills can be entered as one medical debt.
- For credit cards, you should use
the "quick entry" button. All fields on that page are not required,
only the total approximate balance, and you can enter "all credit
cards" in the creditor name field.
- Required Fields: The fields that are required
have "required" next to them. You don't need to spend time looking for
data that isn't required. If you know it then you can enter it, but if
you have to spend time looking for it you should move on.
- Housing Section shortcuts: In the housing section the
mortgage loan balance, interest rate type, interest percentage, and
market value of the home are not required. If the you don't have this
information readily available, you can simply click NEXT on each of
- Correcting Data Already Entered: You have the ability to
add/edit/delete when you reach the summary of each section. If you make
a mistake or leave something out you are able to correct it from the
and the Law